I'd like to dedicate this blog to myself. Why? Because this blog will also serve as a gentle reminder for me in case some people asks. This will be a series of reminder blogs. This is the first part.
Skin: Babies tend to have dry skin especially in the winter. So, a friend recommended Aveeno Baby SOOTHING RELIEF MOISTURE CREAM. It comes in a tube of 140g. It is fragrance free, hypoallergenic and non-greasy. This cream is enriched with skin-soothing natural colloidal oatmeal to help restore lost moisture for the relief of dry skin associated with eczema. I guess Aeisha has this that's why it is very important that I find the right lotion for her. She was using Cetaphil but I didn't see a positive result out of it. It's Day 4 since I've applied on her cheeks and I am beginning to see good results. Her cheeks aren't dry anymore. I will continue to use this until she gets that peachy skin that most babies SHOULD have. :D
Bath products: Right now, I'm still testing which one works best for Aeisha. She's now 5 months old and I can count by my hands and feet the number of times we've bathe her. He he he. It's winter so we try to just wash her rather than bathe her. I am using Johnson's Head-to-Toe wash. Hmmm.... I can't get a baby scent out from her, especially on her hair. So I've switched to Gerber's Shampoo. Just for the hair. And the baby scent is starting to materialize. But I still use Johnson's on her body. I also use Aveeno SOOTHING BATH TREATMENT. A friend also recommended this. I have just used 1 pack so far.
Body lotion: I used Aveeno Daily Lotion. After this, I'm going to switch to Aveeno DAILY MOISTURE LOTION. The word moisture is the key here! :)
Diaper Rash: Again, babies especially baby girls tend to have this than baby boys. So, I used Gerber's Diaper Rash Cream. So far, the rash seem to disappear after Day 3. But I still continue to apply it til the skin is clear.
Petroleum jelly: I used Vaseline Baby petroleum jelly on her bottom to prevent moisture build up which eventually end up in a diaper rash. I first make sure that her area is dry before I apply this. So far, so good. I also use Penaten when we are outdoors and she needs to have a diaper change. So far, same results as Vaseline Baby. I might try this after my 2nd bottle with Vaseline Baby.
Wipes: I use Pampers Wipes right now after the Huggies Wipes we bought before. I only use this when she pees though. When she poops, it's water and cotton balls for her. It's harder when we're outdoors when nature calls, because I can't get access to water once I've put her on the change station. So, wipes is what I use.
Tissue: I use Puffs and Puffs-to-go for her tissue needs. I use this to apply the petroleum jelly on her.
Diaper: Currently, Aeisha is using Pampers Cruisers Size 3 alongside with Pampers Baby Dry Size 3. For the past months, I've used Pampers Swaddlers Size 1 & 2, Huggies Supreme Gentle Care Size 1, 2. Huggies Natural Fit Diaper Size 3, Pampers Baby Dry Size 1, 2 & 3. What I like about Huggies is the u-shaped sides. It makes it easier to wear the diaper. I like Pampers because of its absorbancy. However, it takes time for me to fit the diaper to Aeisha. I have to keep on adjusting it. Because absorbancy is very important, I'll continue to use this product. One this I forgot to do is to take down the dates when Aeisha started to change her diaper size. Oh well.
Formula: I am feeding Aeisha with Similac Advanced with Omega 3 & 6. That's what the hospital gave us. Since she is 5 months now, I've stocked enough til she is ready to switch to Step 2. Good thing Similac came up with the same size and component only that it's Step 2 and I guess it's more iron-fortified. I would be glad if she didn't need these formula but she has to because she didn't have the privilege to enjoy breastmilk. The faucet is tight! Plumbing wasn't good. :D
Feeding bottle: I just followed what others recommended. AVENT bottles. I got so many of them that I lost track. I got at least 8 4-oz bottles. Then another 8 of the 9-oz bottles. Hi hi
Toys: I bought different brands of toys for Aeisha. Fisher Price, Bruin Bear, Playskool, Lego, Megablocks, Baby Einstein, Dora the Explorer. The best that I can say is Fisher Price. It has got all the essentials for a baby from colors to shape. But it's good to have a variety, too.
Next thing that I will experiment on are the Cereals. 'Til here.
26 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment