31 March 2007

New Costco... opening day blues?

Costco open its doors to the Markham residents yesterday, March 30. It is situated at Kirkham Road and Markham Road. I was excited upon seeing the ads late last year. And I can't wait for its grand opening!

On its opening day, it was kind of a big disappointed for me and Os. The place was jam packed when we went. Considering it was already 8pm! Finding a parking was a pain. It took ages for us to find a spot. So Os dropped me and Aeisha first and we went in. Good thing the line to go in wasn't that long. The line at the Registration was LONG. Days before they open, Costco had a big signage about pre-registration of their membership. And yet, people ignore it until the opening day. There were Costco employees at the entrance checking the customer's membership cards. If found none, they were not allowed to get in. They have to apply for the card on a separate area.

OK, once we were inside, we found the area to be very massive. There were lots of items. But not much were on sale. Although there were items that were on sale only at this branch. But still it wasn't much. We just bought the usual... eggs & milk. I bought a finger puppet & board book for Aeisha and a lullaby CD.

Will I go back to this branch? For convenience sake, YES. But if I were to choose, I'd still choose the Woodbine branch. It's much easier to navigate and people are well-mannered there. The place might be pint-sized as compared to this newly opened branch, but as they say, it's more cozy. And going there on a weeknight or Sunday morning before lunch is better. So I guess the population there will definitely be lessened because of Costco Markham as most of the residents here had to drive all the way to Woodbine just to get their grocery needs. So less people means roomier. :)

No comments: